Wednesday 24 June 2015

Holiday in Ubud Bali Indonesia Part 1

I decided go to Bali to Holiday and also doing something to find "magic" to improve my skill and imagination to write story about anything. Bali is famous and amazing place. Plus in Bali, I also meet wonderful friend. My flight Jakarta to Bali in the night around 08.40 PM in Terminal C Soekarno-Hatta Airport, Jakarta, Indonesia.

I never in Terminal C at Soekarno-Hatta Airport, Indonesia. I usually in airport Terminal B. Because I used transportation public, I go to airport from Gambir Station around 04.30 PM and I arrived in airport around 5.30 PM. So I should waiting long time before take off to Bali. There is so many people who want to flight to Bali, Surabaya and some town in Indonesia by Airasia. In that terminal the dominant airport is Airasia dan flight to Bali to other destination Bali in Terminal 3.

I am so exciting in that time, even I am also confused because the custom so different and I should pay custom Soekarno-Hatta airport to Ngurah Rai Denpasar Bali is 40.000 IDR per person. As usu
ally in the night, some friends already warning me, if flight at night will be late as always. Tralalalala they are right. The flight late around 15 minutes. I arrive in Bali about 11.50 PM.

I do research information about Bali backpacker. Because I don't have much money so I should beware to used my money carefully. I think I will sleep in airport then continue my journey to Ubud. Another part in Bali which famous after the movie "Eat, Pray and Love" by Julia Robert. Kuta is always my favorite part when I visit Bali, because Nusa Dua is expensive place but the beach also so wonderful.

When I look around airport before going to Ubud in midnight, I think I change my mind not to sleep in airport. Because there still have Blue Bird taxi. SO I decided to go to Ubud, but the price so amazing expensive in the night. In the list said just 250.000 IDR but I should pay for taxi around 350.000 IDR so damn expensive then usual.

Because in the night, eh midnight the traffic is not so crowded as like as in the morning. So just need one hour, usually need more than two hours if so many cars in the street. Lucky me, the home stay is not so far from the mind road. So, here I am in one of home stay in Ubud. Because I am afraid to search my friend room in the midnight so I decided just waiting in the terrace. So I am waiting there, honestly that is so scary and I am trying to not attention anything sound in around that place. Yea just in case if something I won't it happened to me. The dog sound and also anything, step feet but none of them I cant see just hear. Making me feel I am on trouble hahahaa.

But lucky me the owner home stay wake up early and  Pak Wayan help me to visit  my friend room. So tralalalal here I am in Ubud in the midnight time. Although so survive arrive in Bali in the midnight after long time I never visit Bali again after resign from job. What am I feel? So exciting and nice of course. I can't explain what am feeling about that.


UBUD is so exciting place that what am I thinking and I can't sleep well because sun already show the light bright. So I am wake up and still feeling tired and sleepy. Actually my back bag so heavy with full of my clothes for a few days in Bali.

We do breakfast before doing plan for activity as long as I am in Ubud. When in Tanjungpinang, Bintan Island, Indonesia, I do have some plan to explore Bali. Because when I work in Bali, I never go anywhere just between kost (boarding house, rent small room for sleep and pay per month, red) and the place I worked there.

So here I am so exciting with full of my plan in my head. Feel so exciting to look around East Bali, West Bali, North Bali even South Bali. That is what I am thinking when I am home, visit my parents and for make some document for ID Card and Passport which already expire so need renews again.

I don't make plan today just do it as water without any plan. So, I decided to look monkey in monkey forest in Ubud. I just need walk from my home stay around 15 minutes or more, I don't know because I am not count the time this time hehehehehe. Walking in monkey forest road really so exciting. Many people around that walk side left and right. Even some walk side broken that is not making problem to over sea tourist.

As long as my eyes catch the people who pass me, I never meet domestic tourist in Ubud. All just oversea tourist and some the baliness people who offer something. They think I am from part of asia not Indonesia. Because they speak with me in english language even the language is not so perfect and with the limit language they keep over service.

In Monkey Forest you can find culinary and also service for taxi. Note don't think taxi in Ubud is like taxi in Jakarta or something else like blue bird, express taxi but the taxi in Ubud mean is private car which people offer you to take your next destination you wanna go about the price I don't know because as long as I am in Ubud I never used the service of that taxi. If you have good budget I guess the price they offer is not to expensive just medium price.

Monkey Forest is the first street become my favorite to pass it because I cant count how many time I did pass that road hehehehe. Monkey Forest road is one of big road after Hanoman Road (Jalan Hanoman). But the Monkey Forest road just one way. So if you go there with the car or motor bike, you can't pass to that road, you should go to hanoman street then you will find the monkey forest road.

When you already in outside the judge of monkey forest you can hear the monkey sound call you to visit them inside of the monkey forest Ubud. The first think I ever go there but the Monkey Forest in Ubud so different like the first monkey forest  I visit the first time I came to Bali. So in Bali have two monkey forest, in Ubud and Alas Kedaton. What is the different between both of that?

Okey, the first I will tell you, my readers about my first love in Bali when visit the travel palace in Bali.Of course in Alas Kedaton Monkey Forest first. I guess I still have that pictures.  Monkey Forest (Alas Kedaton), located in Kukuh Village a litle bit west from Taman Ayun Temple, Tabanan regency. About 500 population monkeys in this forest, inside of the forest there is very old temple (Alas Kedaton Temple), big fruit bats hanging in high tree during the day time and will go to outside for feed in the night time. A lot of shop on the way to the forest and the local guide (one of the shopkeeper) will accompany you to see the monkey around and the end they will ask you to visit theirs shop for souvenirs.
 see

To visit Alas Kedaton Monkey Forest just get cost around 15.000 IDR or 1.5 USD per person. When I visit there the guide company us to look around and always remind us to beware because some monkey there so naughty and also have sign "DON'T FEED THE MONKEY". Let's talk about Monkey Forest in Ubud. WOW, I more like in UBUD, why?




Because the place is more biggest then Monkey Forest Alas Kedaton. Monkey Forest Padangtegal Villlage in Ubud,  why because the location is on that village. The forest is so nice and really like welcome to the judge with many monkey will walk, swing in the trees, play, fight and many action in the wild of that habitat of monkey in that location.

What you can find in that place is the open stage, when I already feel tired look around that forest. I am sitting there and look some monkey play and drink in that around open stage. So nice and also the wind make your feeling tired gone. So amazing place to take a rest when your feet became sore and tired look around there. What else? Main temple, dragon stair, center point, exhibition hall holy pool, tree adoption, entrance the holy spring, holy spring temple, deer stable and rumah kompos.

Is expensive to look the monkey forest in Ubud then the Alas Kedaton? Yes the price is more expensive just 30.000 IDR or around 3 USD. There have two gate to visit that forest. When I go there I visit in the gate two because more close when I walk to visit that place. Ah in this place the monkey is not naughty as long as you are not disturb them. You can give them food if you want. You can buy banana in that place, some place have little stand which the visitor can buy it and feed the monkey.

The way is so simple, just take one banana in up your hand. Stand up put one hand up in your head. Suddenly the monkey who look the banana will climb your body and take the banana and seat in your shoulder. If you already feel exciting and want to make the monkey turn off to your body. The employee will make the monkey go away. Don't be afraid, they are not bite you as long as you give him the banana. So cute, some woman who try that action give a little screaming when the monkey climb their body. Me? Of course I will not do that, I am afraid of Monkey hehehehe. For more information about that place when you wanna holiday in Bali, especially Ubud. just look the monkey forest website in here




 Holiday in Bali is something I find the new thing and also the culture and many place I never know before. My friend bought book from lonely planet. The book about information holiday in Bali, the map, culinary and also many thing plus price what should you pay for entrance and the price around food in Ubud Bali, so amazing book. I wish one day I also will find something new and different to make my own book for traveling hehehe, but already late because already many books sell it. So better I just shared here free :) maybe help some readers who want to holiday in BALI, INDONESIA, especially in UBUD.

This time I want to shared about amazing place, Elephant Cave. How to get to Elephant Cave? By Motor Bike, Rent Car or also Bemo. The located it just 10 minutes outside of Ubud in Bali, Goa Gajah, the local people said is a significant Hindu archaeological site. Goa Gajah is locally known as the Elephant Cave because of its close proximity to the Elephant River. A mysterious cave, relics, and ancient bathing pools set amid green rice paddies and a garden lure tourists from nearby Ubud.

The menacing entrance to Goa Gajah looks like a demonic mouth, suggesting that people are entering an underworld as they venture inside through the darkness. Some claim that the entrance represents the Hindu earth god Bhoma while others say the mouth belongs to the child-eating witch Rangda from Balinese mythology.                

Before to entrance to Goa Gajah, we should pay ticket around 15.000 IDR or 1.5 USD per person. After buy the ticket and you should used sarong if you wear short pants but if you used long pants you no need to used sarong. I just know that when the staff said " I don't need to used that" Lucky me hehehehe.

What is in the Inside the Elephant Cave? For such a busy tourist attraction, the Elephant Cave itself is actually quite small. As you enter through  the dark, narrow passage, the cave abruptly ends in an intersection. The left passage contains a small niche with a statue of Ganesh, the Hindu deity reminiscent of an elephant. The right passage holds a small worship area with several stone lingam and yoni in honor of Shiva.

Goa Gajah is nearly surrounded by ancient Hindu temples easily accessible from the main roads. Read about Pura Besakih, Bali's most sacred Hindu temple.

What else in around Goa Gajah? Other than the religious and archaeological significance, the real draw of Goa Gajah is the beautiful surrounding. The Elephant Cave only takes minutes to explore, however rice paddies, gardens, and stone steps lead to other beautiful settings.

Smart visitors climb the long flight of stairs down into the shady valley where a small waterfall awaits. The remains of a crumbled Buddhist temple rest nearby; ancient stones with carved reliefs lie strewn with boulders in the river as rushing water erases history.

The funny thing when we visit in Goa Gajah when we want to find the temple of Budha, we follow the sign but we never meet the temple of Budha. So poor us. It is like hiking, so far you go to the sign you find something interesting place and the view, the river so amazing lovely view. I love it, even so tired and difficult step to go there and already payment when you see that place.

How to get to Goa Gajah from Ubud? Begin by driving south of Ubud past the monkey sanctuary toward Bedulu, then turn east (left) onto Jalan Raya Goa Gajah. Numerous signs indicate the way to Goa Gajah as well as other attractions.  A trivial fee is charged for parking at the Elephant Cave.

I wish this information can help you to find desire to visit Indonesia, Bali for this time then I will try to write my new adventure as long as I have time and opportunity to holiday again :) in other part of Indonesia









the mystery of Budha Temple



NOTE:
The Budha Temple is so unique because I never find this temple as long as an hour walking with the sign which show how to get that place but it never find it. Plus some tourist who pass our way and ask about that. When we meet again, they also don't find it and just find the mosquito bit her. She said like that till laugh and show it.

Mmmmmmm but it will not make you disappointed so notice WHEN GO to The Nature always used the magic lotion to make mosquito not bite you and you enjoy every time you go in nature, plus don't forget mineral water in your bag. ANYTIME you feel THIRSTY you can drink it and enjoy every moment there. Wanna know another part which so fantastic and you feel so blessing after read this and you wanna have amazing experience like me. So make plan now and get the fun holiday in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...